Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Supernova That Is Calvary

Once upon a time, there was an explosion. Instead of destruction, it brought life. In fact, it gave birth to a whole new form of life…

Calvary...the cross...Jesus – there is this explosive moment in time that changed all of time, past, present and future – for all of eternity.

We were goners.
Then there was Jesus, splitting open the grave and tearing open the curtain and blowing up the divide between us and God. 
And now we’re alive and more-than-alive: we’re “a new creation”.

Could it be any clearer? Our old way of life was nailed to the cross with Christ, a decisive end to that sin-miserable life – no longer at sin’s every beck and call! What we believe is this: If we get included in Christ’s sin-conquering death, we also get included in his life-saving resurrection. We know that when Jesus was raised from the dead it was a signal of the end of death-as-the-end. Never again will death have the last word. When Jesus died, he took sin down with him, but alive he brings God down to us. From now on, think of it this way: Sin speaks a dead language that means nothing to you; God speaks your mother tongue, and you hang on every word. You are dead to sin and alive to God. That’s what Jesus did.  -Romans 6:6-11 (MSG)

About a year ago, I came across this video online. I thought immediately of  what-Jesus-did when I watched it (although that is not what the author intended to call to my mind):

This Is Our Universe, Can You Comprehend It?



I listened and thought, He has it almost right…

Not
...I thought I could never touch it, and yet something of it crosses the void and touches me..."

but
...we knew we could never touch Him, and yet something of Him - His Son - crosses the void and touches us...

and not
...stars have died so that I can live...”

but
...the Root of David and bright Morning Star died so that I can live...


I step out of the supernova that is Calvary ... and so do you…
That’s what Jesus did.

Ambushed by God on the cross, in the skies, and on the internet,
Kimberly
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I liked that video when I saw it and like this post for the absolute truth of who He is and what He did for us.kl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Always enjoy your blogs! The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.Psalm 19:1 Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete